We understand how hard it is for individuals with terminal illnesses to live life in comfort, and hospice is a special way of showing care for them. Most patients and their families resort to hospice when the curative treatments of their loved ones are no longer an option in managing their health conditions.
Our hospice services in Wichita, Kansas focus more on the care and not on the cure. These are carefully executed and designed to make sure that all of the specialized needs of our patients are being addressed. We respect every decision and suggestion of our patients regarding their plan of care. The primary focus of this program is to give genuine and exceptional end-of-life care and grief support to our patients’ families. We strive to let them experience a life free from any pain and discomfort.
IT MAY BE TIME FOR HOSPICE CARE
- Patient has a terminal illness and limited life expectancy
- Decrease in ability to perform tasks of daily living, such as, eating, walking, bathing.
- Recurrent infections such as pneumonia, sepsis, or urinary tract infections
- Progressive weight loss or decline in oral intake
- Dysphagia leading to recurrent aspiration
- Frequent emergency room visits/Hospitalizations
- Uncontrolled pain/shortness of breath/nausea/vomiting
- Decreasing alertness, withdrawal, increase sleeping, mental confusion
END-STAGE CHRONIC DISEASES
- Liver Disease
- Renal Disease
- Stroke and coma
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Other Terminal illnesses
Our hospice services include the following:
- Visiting Hospice Nurse
- HHA Services
- Chaplain/Bereavement Support
- Medical Social Worker
- Pain Management