We understand how certain health conditions can greatly affect an individual’s ability to speak and swallow. That is why we at Providence Home Health & Hospice LLC have provided speech therapy services in addition to our main programs for Home Health & Hospice in Wichita, Kansas. The primary focus of this program is to provide solutions to speech and oral motor problems.
Our skilled speech pathologists can develop various therapeutic sessions that can help you improve or regain your ability to speak and be able to communicate and swallow well. We guarantee you that our therapists are highly knowledgeable when it comes to treating different disorders such as speech, cognition, feeding, and swallowing.
Our speech therapy services include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of speech and language deficits
- Provision of customized treatment of language and speech disorder
- Intervention for central auditory processing
- Treatment for voice disorders
- Assistance with speech fluency
- Addressing swallowing problems (dysphagia)
- Cognitive Communication – assisting with receptive and expressive language
- Managing Aphasia & Apraxia
- Modified Diet Management & Advancement
- Advance Oral Motor Skills to reduce aspiration risk
- Maintain Patient Dignity by staging dementia patients in the 7 levels of dementia. Offering staff/family education on appropriate approaches & communication techniques in accordance to level they are currently functioning at.
- Offer compensatory strategies to manage memory deficits both short term and longterm.