Speech therapy deals with problems in speech, language, cognitive-communication, and oral, feeding, or swallowing skills. Speech-language pathologists (SLPS) are educated in the study of human communication, its development, and its treatment. This is what allows them to identify the problem and the best way to treat it.
As a provider home health in Wichita, Kansas, we also offer speech therapy for our clients in the comfort of their own homes.
Speech therapy can be done one-on-one, in a small group, or in a classroom. Although there are various strategies, some may involve the following:
- language intervention activities,
- articulation therapy, and
- oral-motor, feeding, and swallowing therapy.
Speech therapy can deal with the following disorders:
- Speech disorders – problem with making sounds such as:
- Articulation disorders – problems in making sounds in syllables or words correctly
- Fluency disorders – stuttering, partial word repetition, and prolonging sounds
- Resonance or voice disorders – problems in pitch, volume, or quality of voice
- Language disorders – problem with understanding or putting words together such as:
- Receptive disorders – problems with understanding or processing language
- Expressive disorders- problems with putting words together or having a limited vocabulary
- Cognitive-communication disorders- problems in memory, attention, perception, etc.
- Feeding disorders – disorders in the way someone eats or drinks. This can include problems in chewing, swallowing, coughing, gagging, and refusing foods.
Interested in getting speech therapy? Come and contact us at Providence Home Health and Hospice LLC. We are reliable in terms of home health & hospice in Kansas and we aim to provide compassionate quality care.
Other than speech therapy, we also provide other services such as skilled nursing, physical therapy, and hospice care services.